7.03.2008

Just a bit late to this blogging game...








After being in Michigan for just over a year now perhaps it is time to give an update on how things are going. I feel terrible about how poorly I have kept in touch with all the wonderful and dear friends from N.C. and beyond. I could of course give the old line about how terribly busy things have been and there just hasn't been any time, but... who isn't? Maybe the fact that I haven't loaded any pictures from my camera in 5 mos indicates that as well.


As poor an excuse as it is, it really is the truth. We have had an incredibly busy, but blessed, year since our move. I can't believe that 12 months have passed already.

We are so grateful to be blessed with a God-fearing church, wonderful friends, and a beautiful home.


I have had a really rapid increase in my Med/Peds Rheumatology practice and that is certainly a double edged sword. It is great that I am getting so many referrals and the practice is growing but with that has come some very long hours as I still learn how to navigate being the "final answer" and not having a supervising physician to lean on. Needless to say, I love what I do and couldn't ask for a better specialty to practice in.


Sandra and the kids are doing very well. This has been a very busy year for them as well. School was great and the kids all excelled. Elijah finished his first year of "school" and has learned so much. The girls continue to show amazing gifts for learning and most importantly have demonstrated ever-increasing hearts for serving God with their lives. We are so blessed by their selflessness and diligence.

Our home has been a true blessing and a wonderful retreat from the business of the days. Sandra has (as always) made our new house truly HOME and I still can't believe that this is where I live. It is so peaceful with beautiful views on all sides during all seasons. Her gardening skill just adds incredibly to the natural beauty. I really am going to try and get our photo site updated soon as well. However, one of the big impediments is the continued slow uploads from our satellite internet provider (no cable here).

We are going to try and do better about keeping you informed on our "happenings." We miss everyone and are always ready to host any who wish to escape the summer's heat, or alternatively, experience a bit of true winter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couple things...

#1. This is a GREAT idea and one that I think each of us in our family should strive to emulate. Although not everyone is so physically far away, the demands of the day definitely limit the amount of quality time we get to spend "catching up" on one another. I will definitely look into doing this for Kelcie and I, and I hope that others will follow suit.

#2. When did you become such a fluid writer? It was as if I was being treated to some delicious buffet of words!

#3. Winter is for suckers.

#4. Please make sure that you update the email address you have on file for me to JBirm_21@alltel.blackberry.com

-Jeremy-

Unknown said...

Greetings B Family,
Happy 4th. Nice update. Please don't feel so bad about the lateness as we all live in that glass house. I found out from Alana just now that somewhere in cyberspace we have a family blog (whatever a blog is). We now reside in the center of a continuous whirlwind and so chances of a recent update are slim. Have a good one! Mike

S.E. Painter said...

Wowee! Love the blog!

At first I was disappointed that it wasn't Sandra writing, because she's so wonderful, but I agree with your brother, you are a great writer as well. Very enjoyable!

Don't feel overwhelmed with photo updates, just blog about whatever... I would love to read it.

Always remember to use short paragraphs, easier to read...

P.S. Jason wants to know why you never call him...